Conditions Of Sale
All quotations, offers are subject to the following conditions:
- Prices are based on present costs but if any increase shall occur in such costs then we shall have the right to increase prices to provide therefore.
- After dispatch from our works, our liability is limited to making good any defects in goods of our manufacturer arising solely as a result of defects in materials supplied by us or in our workmanship, and then only if we are notified in writing of any such defects within seven days of delivery. We are not to be liable for damage or fracture to or for any defects in or wear and tear or loss of customer's materials supplied is suitable for rolling.
- We are not to be liable for any consequential claim of any description.
- Delivery may be suspended pending any contingency beyond our control (such as fire, accident, war, strike, breakdown, lockout, government priority order, transport difficulty or delay. Force majeure, shortage of labour. Fuel or raw materials or otherwise) preventing or delaying the manufacture or dispatch of goods and all contracts and orders are accepted on the express condition that we are exempt from all liability arising from any such suspension, preventing or delay or from any hindrance of any kind whatsoever beyond our control.
- The risk in the goods passes to the buyer upon delivery (and the purchaser should therefore insure) but equitable and beneficial ownership shall remain with the vendors until full payment has been received (each order being considered as a whole) or until prior to resale in which case the vendor as Beneficial Owner shall attach to the proceeds of resale or to claim such proceeds. The beneficial ownership of the goods remains even, if they have been passed on to others and even if they have been connected to other structures or items we retain the right to know, should we so require, the location of our goods from either the purchaser or receiver or manager should they not be paid for in the appointment time.
- The company reserves the right to collect goods supplied should payment not be made within two months of the account for them falling due.
- When rings and segments are ordered their ultimate use is not known and therefore we do not guarantee that they are suitable for the purpose the customer is using them for.
- Rings and segments in special materials will be ordered as required by the customer but as we do not have a metallurgical laboratory we are reliant on our supply to supply material to the specification ordered by us as required by the customer. Any claims for out of specification material represents no negligence on our part and will be passed on to our supply.
- The bending of customers free issue material is done at the customer own risk. The bending of certain items including castings, rectangular, hollow sections and special specification materials can result in breakage and distortion and we will not be liable for any loss to customers material.
- Subject as above, all conditions and warranties whether implied at common law or by statute are excluded unless specially given in writing.